Maryland Female Business and Litigation Attorney
According to the American Bar Association, about 36 percent of attorneys in the United States are women, and less than 25 percent of female attorneys are named partner – or part-owner – of a law firm.
Law firms that don’t have women among their ranks may be missing out on business, because many women seeking legal help prefer to work with a female attorney, especially in divorce or family law cases.
At Lusk Law, LLC, attorney and partner Rebekah Damen Lusk has represented many female business owners who said they chose her specifically because she is a woman and a business owner.
As a landlord and owner of multiple rental properties, an owner of a horse boarding facility, and as someone who grew up in a family of entrepreneurs, she is uniquely qualified to provide legal representation to female business owners. Rebekah is also a mother of a 2-year-old and understands the challenges and legal questions faced by many female business owners.
If you’re looking for a female attorney to represent your interests, call today to schedule your confidential consultation: 443-535-9715.
Areas of Practice
Rebekah Damen Lusk serves clients with a variety of legal needs. Many Maryland owners of equestrian businesses rely on her knowledge of equine and animal law, especially when they’re looking to expand their business.
Other areas of her practice include:
- Family law – Because of the highly sensitive nature of family law issues, many women turn to Lusk Law, LLC, because they feel more comfortable talking about their concerns with a woman. Rebekah Damen Lusk treats family law matters – such as divorce and custody disputes – with sensitivity and discretion.
- Landlord/tenant law – Lusk Law, LLC, LLC, specializes in providing legal counsel to residential landlords and commercial landlords and tenants, from writing and revising leases, to representing clients in court should litigation become necessary. Rebekah Damen Lusk is a landlord, so she’s familiar with the legal concerns and challenges that may arise for owners of commercial and residential property.
- Real estate law – Real estate transactions can be quite complicated, especially when negotiating the sale or purchase of property. Rebekah Damen Lusk works diligently to ensure her clients get the most beneficial outcome possible when buying or selling property. She also assists clients with tax board appeals, homeowners’ association disputes, and other real estate matters.
- Litigation – Some attorneys do not offer litigation services. But Lusk Law, LLC, recognizes that to best serve their clients, they must be outstanding litigators. While many legal disputes can be resolved outside the court, occasionally, litigation is necessary. Rebekah Damen Lusk has represented clients in Maryland’s District, Circuit and Appellate courts, and is admitted to practice in the Federal District Courts in Maryland, along with two United States courts of appeal.
- Small business law – In addition to landlords, Rebekah Damen Lusk helps many entrepreneurs establish the legal framework for a successful business. From initial guidance at start-up to helping business owners grow their business, including the requirements for hiring employees, she is adept in providing sound advice and efficient service.
Compassion and Approachability
Meeting with a lawyer to discuss plans for a new business is entirely different than asking a lawyer to help with a landlord/tenant, family or other legal dispute. No matter what your legal needs may be, you can count on Rebekah Damen Lusk to listen to your concerns and advise you on what options you have.
The attorneys at Lusk Law, LLC, do not judge clients or treat them any differently based on their background or their lifestyle. We believe in providing a respectful, supportive, and responsive environment for our clients, so they feel at ease in sharing their thoughts and concerns with us.
Rebekah Damen Lusk doesn’t serve only female clients, of course, but she has found that many women seek her counsel, because they find her approachable and sympathetic to their concerns.
If you need help with a legal matter, contact Rebekah Damen Lusk to request a confidential consultation – either by filling our online form or by calling 443-535-9715.
Our Legal Services
Proposed Changes to Maryland Eviction Rules
As the Covid-19 pandemic continues, changes to Maryland eviction rules have been proposed. Citing the worsening housing situation due to the virus, state lawmakers and rental housing advocates recently…