Ruhe Yilma, Lusk Law, LLC
Ruhe Yilma joined Lusk Law, LLC in November 2017, after graduating from Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law. Prior to working with Lusk Law, Ruhe worked at a TOPA firm in Washington, DC and had internships in a range of government agencies, including with the Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. While in Law School, Ruhe was a member of the Law Journal of Law and Technology and participated in the Families and Law Clinic.
Ruhe received a Bachelors in Government and Politics in 2014 from the University of Maryland, College Park. While at the University of Maryland, Ruhe was part of the Mock Trial team.
Ruhe leads Lusk Law’s Trust and Estate practice area. Ruhe has acted as a Court-appointed personal representative for an estate in Frederick County, as well as represented personal representatives administering and litigating estates in Frederick County, Howard County, Anne Arundel County, and Carroll County. Ruhe has also represented beneficiaries of estates in understanding their loved one’s trust or a will.
When administrating an estate, Ruhe will assist you from filing a petition to open an estate, all the way through to disbursing the last asset and closing up the estate.
She understands that planning for the care of your loved ones after your death is just as important as planning for their care during your life. Every estate plan is different and needs to be tailored to each individual. Which is why she meticulously helps you draft everything you need from, power of attorney to a well-organized will that will help you sleep with ease knowing your estate is cared for.
Ruhe is constantly expanding her knowledge, and has taken several CLE’s in the Trust and Estates arena, including, Estate administration courses, Estate Planning courses, and courses in executing and maintaining a Trust.
In addition to handling the firms Trust and Estate matters, Ruhe also regularly represents clients in Court in Landlord/Tenant and general civil litigation matters.
Ruhe has one younger sister and brother, all raised by a single mother who is an immigrant from Ethiopia. She grew up in a multicultural home where she became fluent in Amharic. Ruhe was born in Washington, DC but was raised and resides in Maryland. Ruhe is currently engaged to be married, with a wedding date of June 2022.
- Maryland, 2018
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D.- 2017
- Law Journal: Catholic University Law and Technology, Staff Member, 2015-2016
- University of Maryland, College Park
- B.A.- 2014
- Major: Government and Politics
- Mock trial- 2012-2013
Past Employment and Internships
- In Rem, PLLC, August 2017- October 2017
- Anne Arundel Circuit Court, May 2016-August 2017
- Family and Law Clinic, January 2016- April 2017
- General Services Administration: Suspension and Debarment, September 2015- December 2015
- Canadian Maritime Law Research Assistant, July 2014- August 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Alpha Phi Omega, 2013-2014
- Community Service organization
- Volunteer Committee for Breast Cancer Awareness, 2012-2013
- Volunteer Committee for Washington DC Walk for Lupus, 2016-2017
Our Legal Services
Changes to Maryland Landlord/Tenant Law Announced
Maryland has announced significant changes to the state’s Landlord/Tenant law, and all landlords need to become familiar with these modifications. As of October 1, 2021, changes will be implemented that…