Ruhe Yilma, Lusk Law, LLC
Ruhe Yilma joined Lusk Law, LLC in November 2017, after recently graduating from Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law. Prior to working with Lusk Law, Ruhe worked at a TOPA firm in Washington, DC and had internships in a range of government agencies, including with the Anne Arundel Circuit Court. While in Law School, Ruhe was a member of the Law Journal of Law and Technology and participated in the Families and Law Clinic.
Ruhe received a Bachelors in Government and Politics in 2014 from the University of Maryland, College Park. While at the University of Maryland, Ruhe was part of the Mock Trial team.
Ruhe has one younger sister and brother, all raised by a single mother who is an immigrant from Ethiopia. She grew up in a multicultural home where she became fluent in Amharic. Ruhe was born in Washington, DC but was raised and resides in Maryland.
- Maryland, 2018
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D.- 2017
- Law Journal: Catholic University Law and Technology, Staff Member, 2015-2016
- University of Maryland, College Park
- B.A.- 2014
- Major: Government and Politics
- Mock trial- 2012-2013
Past Employment and Internships
- In Rem, PLLC, August 2017- October 2017
- Anne Arundel Circuit Court, May 2016-August 2017
- Family and Law Clinic, January 2016- April 2017
- General Services Administration: Suspension and Debarment, September 2015- December 2015
- Canadian Maritime Law Research Assistant, July 2014- August 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Alpha Phi Omega, 2013-2014
- Community Service organization
- Volunteer Committee for Breast Cancer Awareness, 2012-2013
- Volunteer Committee for Washington DC Walk for Lupus, 2016-2017
Our Legal Services
Can You Sue For Failure to Disclose Property Defects?
Maryland law requires sellers to disclose certain known defects to buyers. If these defects aren’t disclosed, buyers can file a claim to receive compensation for the costs they face…